The project aims to help the four universities of Timisoara, Romania, to elaborate an Inclusion Framework i.e. a key document serving as an overall guide to planning action for higher accessibility. The Framework will be the first document of its kind in the four institutions and will commit universities to providing equal opportunities for students with special educational needs.
1. To determine at least one of the four public universities of Timisoara to have a registration procedure for students willing to declare their disabilities by the end of June 2014
2. To encourage universities to elaborate and adopt a Framework on Inclusion of Students with Disabilities by the end of June 2014
3. To determine the four universities of Timisoara to take measures for solving at least one urgent accessibility problem by the end of June 2014
Minimum 8 members of the governing bodies, 20 faculty, 4 student associations, 16 students with disabilities, 100 students without disabilities of the four public universities of Timişoara
Direct: At least 100 students with disabilities currently enrolled with the 4 public universities of Timisoara; the members of the governing bodies, faculty and staff of the 4 public universities of Timisoara
Indirect: Approximately 20,000 people with disabilities from the West Region of Romania.
1. Elaboration of the Framework on Inclusion of Students with Disabilities
2. Workshop “Implementation of the Framework on Inclusion of Students with Disabilities: The First Steps to Be Taken” & Launching Timisoara’s Most Accessible University competition
3. Implementation and monitoring of the Framework
4. Conference “The Challenge of Education for All” & Awarding Timisoara’s Most Accessible University Prize
5. Providing expert advice to universities for continuing the implementation of the Framework
1. An Inclusion Framework serving as a foundation for all the policies and procedures that will be elaborated by the universities of Timisoara, and later on, by other universities in Romania
2. Know-how in providing accommodations for students with disabilities
3. International cooperation network comprising of higher education institutions, NGOs, student associations from Romania and the USA